UMHLANGA LIFE - THE ONLINE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE

Weather

DURBAN WEATHER

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

She is aiming for the 8 Mile Club, ECR's own Abi Ray


ECR’s Abi Ray aiming for the 8 Mile Club


East Coast Radio presenter, Abi Ray, already has many feathers in her cap but in two weeks’ time, she’s hoping to add another: membership of the 8 Mile Club.

An expert swimmer, Abi and her brother Brad Ray, have spent the past few weeks training furiously for the aQuelle Midmar Mile weekend ( 8 & 9 February 2014).

Abi has entered the event nine times before but this year poses her biggest challenge yet.

“I introduced my brother to the Midmar Mile last year; he swam on the Saturday as part of a team, and then went back on the Sunday to swim individually because he loved it so much! It was he who suggested we become part of the 8 Mile Club this year,” says Abi, who started swimming open water events at school.

“I initially thought that he must be absolutely mad, but then I thought about it and realised that if there is one thing that I CAN challenge myself with, it’s swimming. I’ve been doing it my whole life!”

Now, the vivacious presenter is just weeks away from swimming in every event at 2014’s aQuelle Midmar Mile.

“We are doing it to raise funds for charity while taking on a massive personal challenge at the same time. What a goal to achieve! I hope we succeed!”

Abi has been training with a squad in Hillcrest - Aquazone Swimming. She 3 or 4 times a week, covering 2200m – 3000m each time.

More details on Abi’s Facebook page: Abi Ray Radio DJ.

(Source - East Coast Radio) 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment