The New Volkswagen up! is something else.
|The New Volkswagen up!|
Well here is what I found out:
This car is exceptionally easy to drive. Easy gears and very easy to handle. A nifty little display which shows you which gear you are in and suggests which gear you should move to.
Of course the most important question I always get is 'Does this car have cupholders?'
Yes, yes it does, one in the front and one in the rear.
How many people could fit in it? Can seat 4.
A very safe car as the doors lock automatically as you drive off. Has a lovely little key which you can tuck away and unlock the car from inside your pocket.
With just 3.54m of length it makes parking a breeze.
Easy start, just turn it on. A great wide display for the driver and a lovely sunroof.
|VW up! Dashboard|
This car is perfect for day to day driving around a city and handles the ups and downs of city life perfectly.
The perfect student car or for those with a small budget or for those who want to save on their petrol bill.
There are two models of this car the Take up! and the Move up!
Specs: The Highlights
- Capacity (m2) 999
- Cylinders 3
- Power (kw) 55 @ 6200
- 5-speed manual gearbox
- 0-100km/h in 13.2 seconds
- Top speed (km/h) 171
- Fuel consumption - urban cycle - 5.9
- Front ventilated disc brakes
- Front axel: Macpherson struts, coil springs
- Anti-roll bar
- Tyres - Steel wheels with wheel covers, embossed emblem (165/70/R14)
- Fuel tank - 35L
- Luggage space - 251 with rear seats folded up or 951 with rear seats folded down
- Audio - Radio (2 loudspeakers and roof aerial) - Sound Plus optional extra
- Airbags for driver and passenger
- ABS Brakes
- Power Steering
- Central Locking
- Electric Windows
- Air conditioning
Price: From R133 500
3-year / 120 000 km warranty
12 year anti-corrosive warranty
15 000km service intervals
- Driver pack - with parking assist sensors and cruise control help
- Sound 'Plus' pack - 6 additional speakers
- Winter pack - heated front seats and fog lights
- Touch phone music kit - for the tech lover, voice operated, bluetooth system allows you to play and manage your favourite music via USB, audio adapter or your smart phone.
As you can see this is a wonderful car. I took a break around the Point Waterfront and a man across the road asked, 'Is that the new Volkswagen up! what's it like?
Me: It's lekker
For more info on the car: http://www.newvwup.co.za/
To celebrate the launch of this car South Africans will be able to get free Uber rides in Jozi, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban from 2 - 8 March 2015.
You may even be chauffeured by Sureshnie Rider or Jonathan Boynton-Lee.
How it works:
- Sign up for Uber and download the free application here: http://www.uber.com/go/uberup
- Enter the promo code UBERUP to unlock the unique UberUp view
- Toggle over to the VW icon and request a ride as per normal
- A Volkswagen up! will arrive at the user's destination within minutes
Terms and Conditions:
- Available only in Jozi, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban
- The service is available for request between: 1pm - 9pm weekdays or 3pm - 11pm weekends from Monday 2 - Sunday 8 March
- Trips can be a maximum of 20mins in duration or 20km in distance
- Users limited to 2 free Uber trips in the Volkswagen up! during campaign period
- Maximum 3 passengers in one vehicle
If you follow Volkswagen and Uber on social media you might just find clues as to when and where the celebs will be making appearances
Twitter: @VolkswagenSA | @Uber_CT | @Uber_Joburg | @Uber_Durban
Facebook: facebook.com/VWSA | facebook.com/UberRSA