Checkers Wants Your Hug Shot
It's Arbor Week and Checkers is looking for you to upload pics of you or a friend hugging a tree.
This is all part of their quest to plant thousands of trees in disadvantaged schools countrywide.
You can upload your pics to:
Twitter: @CheckersSA or
Use the #TreeHugShot tag with your pic and challenge your friends to do the same.
A tree will be planted for every pic uploaded during Arbor Week.
There are also daily prizes which you can win.
Checkers is teaming up with Food and Trees for Africa for this project.
Remember Trees give you oxygen so get snapping.
For more info on them visit: www.trees.co.za
(Source - Checkers)
Kwazulu-Natal Enabling Infrastructure for Economic Success
Join Frontier Advisory as they tackle capital and investment issues for this key region.
- Dr Martyn Davies - Frontier Advisory
- Pumi Motsoahae - Richards Bay IDZ
- Lester Bouah - TIKZN
- Neil Sankar - Hatch Goba
- Kevin Reid - Stefanutti Stocks Civils KZN
- Andre Pottas - Deloitte
- Gary Whiteford - Absa
- Prof Ahmed Bawa - DUT
- Natascha Trainor - DBSA
Venue: Dube TradePort, Latitude Conference Centre, 29 Degrees South, 7 Umsini Junction,
Date: Monday, 15th September
Time: 8am to 1h30pm.
For Bookings Visit Their Site: Frontier Advisory
Tel: 011 447 8038
(Source - Frontier Advisory)
Bring your groove but leave your brollies at home for #DurbanDay
(Freshly Ground - one of the bands that will be performing at Durban Day)
Feel free to bring the following to Durban Day on Sunday:
• Your groove. There will be dancing. Lots of it.
• Loads of love. For the artists and the bands.
• Your own picnic basket. No beverages will be allowed as these will be on sale. There will also be food vendors if you want to grab something to eat there.
• Your entire family. We have a secure Kids Zone so there’ll be entertainment for the little ones too.
Please do not bring the following:
•Any beverages both non-alcoholic and alcoholic. These will be on sale at People’s Park.
•Any firearms or weapons
•Uncomfy shoes since you’re likely to be on your feet, dancing all the way!
Tickets for Durban Day are R150 at Computicket. Free entry for under 12’s.
This Edition by +Fred Felton