Blackberry Apps Just For You
(Picture Courtesy of Blackberry)
The latest BlackBerry® 10 apps available in BlackBerry® World™.
- Draw War: Save Yer Booty (Synqua Games)
- Bejeweled 2 for BlackBerry 10 (Electronic Arts, Inc.)
- MONOPOLY for BlackBerry 10 (Electronic Arts, Inc.)
News & Magazines
Utilities & Productivity:
Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Event Cinemas (The Greater Union Organisation)
- eCoffeeCard (EatDigital)
- Clipp (Clipp Pty Ltd)
- Tobit.Campus (Tobit.Software)
Here are some useful business apps for you this week:
- Vault Password Manager (XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd): Never forget a password again with this secure and safe password manager and keeper.
- Business Cards for BlackBerry 10 (Saper-ek): Scan and store your business cards on your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Hide Files for BlackBerry 10 (Runisoft Ltd): Hide any file or folder on your BlackBerry 10 smartphones. This app is perfect if your company uses one device for multiple people, or if you simply want to keep your data safe from snoops.
- Find Near Me (XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd): This app helps you locate a variety of places – from Restaurants to Wi-Fi hotspots – near your location.
- A Day in Life (XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd): A Day in Life allows you to jot down your free-form thoughts in a digital journal for later reference.
- SayIt (BachKhoa University): If you ever find yourself needing a personal assistant, organizer, encyclopedia, or a dictionary while on the go with your BlackBerry Z10, you are going to want SayIt. Offering all of these features plus a 25 language translator, SayIt is a veritable Swiss knife of usefulness. This app is part of the Built for BlackBerry program, and you can find a handy video demo right here.
For the latest BlackBerry news, press releases and headlines, follow @BlackBerry_ZA and @BlackBerryNews on Twitter.
(Source - Blackberry)
SPAR aQuellé School Girls’ Hockey Tournament
Greytown High School
Saturday 20 April
Almost a year to the day since the 2012 tournament, girls’ hockey first teams from around the Umvoti, uThukela and Umzinyathi region will congregate atGreytown High School to compete in the third SPAR aQuellé School Girls Hockey Tournament on Saturday 20 April.
The Umvoti, uThukela and Umzinyathi region has had two different schools representing the region down in Durban as they competed in the final of the growing tournament. In the inaugural tournament in 2011 Wembley College represented the region finishing 10th overall in the province whilst Ladysmith High School were the 2012 champions, finishing 7th overall in KwaZulu Natal.
The defending champions Ladysmith High School have prior commitments and will not be in the running to defend their 2012 title, leaving the title of the 2013 wide open with no favourites.
Tournament Director, Les Galloway enthused, “We are delighted at how the 2013 regionals have played out so far. The tournament at Wembley College last year was magnificent and we are anticipating another wonderful day of hockey with loads of fast paced action.”
Managing Director for SPAR KZN, Rob Philipson shared Galloway’s sentiments, “The tournament is turning three this year and I am amazed how it has fast become a firm favourite on the hockey calendar. We look forward to welcoming the new regional champion to the finals in July.”
Eight teams have already reserved their spots in the finals that will be taking place at Thomas More College and St Mary’s DSG on the weekend of 20 and 21 July. They are Ferrum High School (Northern KZN); Creston College (Ugu and Sisonke); Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High (PMB Central); St Anne’s (PMB North); Durban Girls’ High School (Durban South); Ashton College (Durban North); Durban Girls’ College (Durban Central) and St Mary’s DSG (Highway).
The tournament has a Facebook page – SPAR aQuellé School Girls’ Hockey Tournament and a Twitter account - @SPARGirlsHockey. Spectators and players are encouraged to visit the page and check out all the action from the regionals.
Ladysmith High School defender stretches to gain possession of the ball in a very difficult game at last years regional which was won by Ladysmith High School.
(Source - SPAR Hockey)
(Source - Hirsch's)