UMHLANGA LIFE - THE ONLINE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE

Weather

DURBAN WEATHER

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Interview with Writer Amelia du Plessis


Amelia du Plessis

This weekend we have a interview with Writer and Editor Amelia du Plessis.
We asked her some interesting questions and she proves to be a interesting lady.

1.  Who is your favourite writer?


2.  Tell us about Voxate?

I'm a freelance writer with a varied repertoire.  I write online content, features for the newspaper,
biographies and coffee table books.

3.  What do you love about Port Elizabeth?

Our beautiful beaches.

4.  Which is your favourite book?

Gosh, that's a tough one.  A Prayer for Owen Meany, if I'm forced to choose.

5.  Do you blog and if so how often?

I have a blog as part of my website, yes but I don't use it nearly as much as I should.  

6.  What does an editor do?

Makes other people's writing sound good.  

7.  What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

Be very thick-skinned and never submit something that you don't know is worth publishing.

8.  What is your favourite colour?

Black.

9.  Where do you write?

In my study or in local coffee shops.  

10.  As a writer, how do you use social media?

I have a Facebook page on which I share useful articles that I've read, as well as news updates.


For more about Amelia vist her website -  www.voxate.co.za

Feel free to like her Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/VoxateWritingEditing

As I said, a very interesting lady indeed.

This interview was part of a Blogger Tour of interviews with interesting writers and bloggers
around South Africa.  If you are a Blogger or know a Blogger in South Africa feel free
to contact us for an interview.

Interview by - @fredfelton 

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment