This Month I was invited to the IHG Media Briefing at The Holiday Inn Express Umhlanga Ridge.
Director of Sales and Marketing in Africa Michael Opondo - one of the Speakers at the briefing.
IHG was here at Tourism Indaba and they proved to be gracious hosts. In case you don't know it
IHG stands for InterContinental Hotels Group. They are the leading Hotel Group in the World and
represent a number of leading brands in the Industry.
They are present in 11 Countries and have 9 Franchises in SA.
At the Briefing we were informed on all the latest trends in the Hotel Industry and IHG has
all the latest trends ready for you.
Here are some of the latest trends in the World and in Hotels.
- iPhone booking apps
- The Aerotropolis - mini cites that grow up around Airports these include hotels, retail malls, offices, business centres, logistics centres and warehouses.
- Brain Spa's - Lectures, courses, TED Talks
- Ambient Shopping - eg Apple Stores
- In Store Cafe's
- Performance Sleeping - $70 Billion Dollars Are Lost In Productivity
- Urban Farm Restaurants - Restaurants that farm for themselves
- People will be able to rent their own clothing at Hotels or Shops so you can travel baggage free
IHG also has the following initiatives:
- Green Engage - Online Hotel Design
- IHG Academy - A Global Talent Pool of people that train and work in the Hotels
- IHG Shelter in the Storm - Helps with Natural Disasters
- IHG Innovation
The IHG Brand Includes
- Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Indigo
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Candlewood Suites
After the Media Briefing we were given a short tour of the Holiday Inn Express.
It really is a wonderful Hotel with some lovely rooms, wonderful sea views and they also offer
Free Wi-Fi options for Clients.
One of the Wonderful rooms at the Holiday Inn Express - Umhlanga Ridge
The Hotel has wonderful attention to detail so much so that you can choose from 3 types of pillows
for your Bed.
Useful Website Link for IHG
(Story and Pictures by @fredfelton)
Picture Of The Week
Umhlanga Pier Like You Have Never Seen It Before
Picture by @fredfelton
This picture is getting a great deal of RT's and Shares all over.