Call for proposals for Director and Production for
the Rainbow Young performers project 2012
PANSA (KZN) is calling for proposals for Director
and Production of the 2012 Rainbow Young Performers
Project. We are calling for ideas and a director.
The selection of the production and director will be based
on the following criteria (please read them carefully as failure
to comply will result in immediate disqualification)
It should be a production suitable to be played by a predominantly
high school cast.
This means that there should be enough good roles for
young people to be able to extend themselves both
musically and dramatically.
The rights for the production should be available
- The production should have some commercial potential
- The production should have some theatrical value in the context of theatre in SA
- The production should be able to be produced to the highest possible standard within a very tight budget.
1. The Director should have a proven professional track record at the highest level
2. The Director should have proven experience in working with young people at the highest level
3. The Director should be fully available for the rehearsal period which will last for at least 3 months over consecutive weekends, and a few weeks in the holidays.
4. The Director should have a proven track record in Production management, including managing the Set Design, Costume design, Lighting design and Musical Direction.
5. The Director should be cognizant that the fees for directing are in keeping with a charity event, which in the case of this project is approximately a third of the going rate for musical theatre
A one page proposal, motivation and CV should be sent to Kovilen Moodley, PANSA (KZN) co-ordinator by email firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Tues 31 Jan, 2012.
Good luck to all who apply.