In This Issue More Details on the
St Clements Writing competition.
Mondays at St. Clements
Short Story Competition 2012
Precisely 100 words
(no more, no less)
Our short-story competition earlier this year attracted over 100 submissions. We have therefore decided to make this an annual event to coincide with the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
In celebration of the shortest day of the year which falls on the 20 June in 2012, Mondays at St. Clements is celebrating National Short Story Day. We follow the lead of a UK-wide celebration with the same name, an initiative aimed at promoting fiction in its succinct form, focusing on South African writing that lends itself to this tradition.
Short Story Competition
- length: 100 words (excluding title)
- entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- state author’s name and wordcount
- use large font: eg. Times New Roman, 14 pt.
- author of winning story will receive a presentation box of Wildekrans Estate wine
- stories will be adjudicated by 3 judges
- author’s names will be deleted for adjudication
- closing date: Monday 28 May
- all stories will be read at St. Clements on Monday 18 June followed by the presentation.