MUSHO FESTIVAL 2012: get your proposals in now !
PANSA KZN will be hosting the third Musho International Theatre Festival from 11-15 January 2012 in DurbanThe festival is dedicated to these small works and the celebration of the skill of the solo or duo performe
We are calling for proposals for the 2012 Festival (see details below). Proposals must be received by 15 September 2011, and are then looked at by a selection committee of local theatre professionals, for selection to appear at Musho!
Selection criteria for the festival include:
· The work must have one or two persons only performing
· The work should be an innovative and interesting concept
· The work should have potential appeal for local audiences
· The work should be classifiable as theatre (with a discernable narrative)
· The company or individual should have a good track-record and reputation
· The work should not have played in Durban in the past
· The work should be 50-70 minutes in length
Participants are paid for their participation in the festival. The amount paid per performance will be confirmed at a later date, and is subject to the funding that PANSA receives.
Contracts will be drawn up between the artists and the festival once selection and confirmation procedures have been concluded, in October 2011.
PROPOSAL APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION AT MUSHO FESTIVAL 2012
Your proposal must contain the following information, with the correctly numbered order.
1. Name of producer / contact person
2. Contact address, telephone number and email
3. Name of show
4. Genre of show (e.g.: drama, comedy, physical theatre, musical theatre etc)
5. Appropriate audience and age-group
6. Exciting description of the show (maximum ½ page) – no scripts please!
7. Description of technical requirements for the show
8. Names of performers / directors / writers of the show
9. Background and experience of the group (maximum ½ page)
10. Details on where show has been performed previously (if any)
11. Press reviews from show (if any)
12. Press releases and publicity statements for the show (if any)
PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 15 SEPTEMBER 2011.
Email proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org