UMHLANGA LIFE - THE ONLINE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE

Weather

DURBAN WEATHER

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Exclusive Interview with the Lady behind the 2017 Mrs Universe Durban


The other day I had the pleasure of interviewing Tracey-Anne Aggett the lady behind the 2017 Mrs Universe Pageant being held for the first time on African soil. 



It will be held in Durban, South Africa.  A real coup not only for Durban but also for South Africa.
Mrs Agett a former entrant in the 2016 Pageant is the lady organizing the event for Durban.  She took part in the event in China last year and won the 2016 Charity Award at the 2016 event.

I asked her some questions about the event coming up for Durban on 2 September 2017.

What made you enter Mrs Universe?
Well I first won Mrs KZN.  I had gone through a lot, I had lost a child, I wanted to do good for children.  That’s what attracted me.  I’m also a tireless campaigner against childhood domestic violence.

How did you get the rights to Mrs Universe?
I wanted it, I saw the opportunity, I’m passionate about Africa, I can grow the brand.  They awarded me the rights by God’s Grace.

Tell us about the campaigns you have lined up against gender violence?
#OneVoice is one where we will be taking a stand against gender violence.  We are also taking part in a Global March, we will all be wearing black with a gold ribbon. We want to empower women. We are uniting as one. It’s time for change. Hopefully we can educate different areas of the world. We need support groups against human trafficking and abuse.

Is there still a place for beauty pageants?
100% as long as they are used to empower women. This event is for real women, real issues.

What can people expect at this event?
A lot of international cultures, fashion, dance, local entertainment, Charity and School visits, Fashion evenings and a celebration of women from the world.

What is your advice for young women who want to get involved in modelling?
Whatever you are trying to achieve know what you want to do with it.  You’re going to face many challenges, use them as building blocks, never stop dreaming.

Tell us about the theme for the pageant, ‘Empowering women. Creating change’ ?
We are empowering the youth and the next  generation.  We want to implement change.  This is a huge sisterhood.

Rumour has it the ladies will be taking part in East Coast Radio’s First Swim of Spring?
It’s going to be interesting. It’s a celebration of Spring. A bunch of women getting together on the beach for a good cause.

Why did you choose People’s Park as the venue for the pageant?
There’s something about that venue. There’s a historic feel to it. It’s the breadbasket of Africa. Best views of Durban.

What keeps you going every day?
Prayer and Faith. God is my pillar. My husband and family keep me going. Positivity. Good food.

The Mrs Universe 2017 pageant takes place at People’s Park, Moses Mabhida Stadium on 2 September 2017.

For more info visit www.mrsuniverse2017.co.za.

For corporate involvement in Mrs Universe 2017, email marketing@mrsuniverse2017.co.za or       call 031 466 4905 or 071 871 6744.

Interview by Fred Felton | Twitter @fredfelton



No comments:

Post a Comment