UMHLANGA LIFE - THE ONLINE LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE

Weather

DURBAN WEATHER

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Interview with Actor Tony Kgoroge one of the stars of Cold Harbour


Last week I sat down with Tony Kgoroge one of the stars of the new film 'Cold Harbour'.

Tony Kgoroge 

I asked him about acting, the film he stars in and all about his life:

What makes a good actor?
Talent, skill and hard work.

Tell us about your character in 'Cold Harbour' ?
He is trying to do something here.  He gets into compromising situations.  He does wrong to do justice.

Are you a fan of 'The Method' in acting?
I'm a fan of a system that works.

How did you create your character in 'Cold Harbour' ?
I read a lot about the SA Police and then I spent a great deal of time in police stations.  I asked many questions when I was there.  You sense the mood and attitude of them.  These guys work under messed up systems, some stations have no cars, even in Cape Town.  These guys are having to deal with gangsters and drugs.

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the Free State and ended up performing at PACOFS.

Which actors inspire you?
John Kani, Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman.

Tony Kgoroge stars in the film Cold Harbour. 
http://www.coldharbourmovie.com/

Interview by +Fred Felton

No comments:

Post a Comment